Sunday, February 24, 2008

Top Oscar Picks

This is last second, but I thought I'd post my picks for tonight's Oscar ceremony before I went off to the Oscar party. So, here they are:

Best Picture: No Country For Old Men

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood)

Best Actress: Julie Christie (Away From Her)

Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bordem (No Country For Old Men)

Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett (I'm Not There)

Best Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody (Juno)

Best Adapted Screenplay: Joel and Ethan Coen (No Country For Old Men)

Best Directing: Paul Thomas Anderson (There Will Be Blood)

I certainly don't agree with some of these, but Academy politics dictate that these will be the winners.

Here, in my opinion are the should-be winners:

Best Picture: There Will Be Blood

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood)

Best Actress: Laura Linney (The Savages)

Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bordem (No Country For Old Men)

Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett (I'm Not There)

Best Original Screenplay: Tamara Jenkins (The Savages)

Best Adapted Screenplay: Christopher Hampton (Atonement)

Best Directing: I honestly don't know who was a better director this year, Joe Wright, who wasn't even nominated for Atonement, or Paul Thomas Anderson with There Will Be Blood.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You actually did better than I did in selecting the top awards. Go team.